Mini Cheer Camp & Parent Meeting
We will have a mandatory parent meeting on Saturday, August 10 at 9:00 am. There will be a mini cheer camp from 9-2. Please be at the lower gym at 2pm for pick up.
Cheerleaders need to bring:
She will need to bring a lunch, snacks, and drinks.
Cheerleaders need to wear:
Shorts, t-shirt, sports bra, tennis shoes, hair pulled back, no jewlery
Practices will begin on Monday, August 12
We will practice on Mondays from 3:00-5:00. Pick up will be at 5:00 at the lower gym.
When are games?
I will post the game schedule as soon as it is available.
Cheerleaders will be required to have:
HCCMS provides the uniforms and pom-poms. She will need solid black bloomer/Nike are fine, white no show socks, and black tennis shoes. All students making any sports team will pay a $50.00 athletic fee. Please make sure that you give me the envelope with your daughter’s name on the outside. This fee does not need to be turned in until August. We will purchase team hair bows, a team t-shirt, a warm-up, and a rain jacket. We will have a fundraiser to help in the cost of the warm ups and jackets.
HCCMS Football Cheer
Football Cheer Tryouts 2019
Clinics will be held on April 22-23 from 3:00 - 5:00 PM, official tryout day is April 24th.
Need to Know
- Clinics and tryouts will be held in the HCCMS lower gym.
- Clinics and tryouts are closed to parents and spectators. Cheerleaders are to be picked up at the lwer gym by 5:00 on April 22-23.
- On tryout day, April 24th, HCCMS students may begin to be picked up at 3:30, Creekside students may begin to be picked up at 4:00.
- Please wear comforatable, length appropriate shorts and t-shirt. Sports bras msut be worn, no basketball shorts or pajamas. No denim shorts, jewlry, or artificial nails. Your hair should be off of your shoulders.
- Selection of the cheerleders will be based on the following: 2 cheers, 1 sideline chant, 1 jump ( a toe touch) and musht meet the scholastic ahievement and eligibility accourding to the HCCMS handbook.
- How will I know if I make the squad? We will post a list outside of grade level offices. Creekside will also post a list. The list will be posted on the school's website under Sports - Cheer.
- We will have a mandatory parent meeting on Monday, April 29th 4:00pm. We will give details on the season and try on uniforms and warm ups for ordering.
Refer any questions to Rebecca Van Pelt at email@example.com