Special Education Services
Welcome to the Special Education Services area of the Harris County School District's web site. We offer a wide range of programs serving students from preschool through age 21 that address a variety of student and family needs and concerns. Our program goals, curriculum and materials are developmentally appropriate and focused towards meeting the individual needs of students. Please contact us if you have questions about any of our services. You will find our address and phone at the bottom of every page.
- Early Childhood Special Education - a program for developmentally delayed 3 - 5 year olds.
- Resource Room Programs - K-12, available in all schools.
- Self-Contained Classrooms - K-12, available upon approval of IEP teams
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Services - including:
- Occupational/Physical Therapy
- Visually Impaired
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Assistive Technology - equipment and systems used to improve the functional capabilities of our students with disabilities.
- Homebound Services - for students as identify by IEP team.
- Transition Services - a variety of services aimed at facilitating life and employment skills development.
Harris County Board of Education 132 Barnes Mill Road Hamilton, Georgia 31811
Director of Special Education Services Jim DeSantis 706-628-4206 ext 1463 School Psychologist Shari Britton 706-628-4206 ext 1461 School Psychologist Missy Brown 706-628-4206 ext 1462 Administrative Assistant Cathy Floyd 706-628-4206 ext 1460 Special Education Secretary Pam Pierce 706-628-4206 ext 1410 Instructional Specialist Steve White 706-628-4206 ext 1409 Instructional Specialist Arnold Jackson 706-628-4206 ext 1409 Instructional Specialist Arlene Doyle 706-628-4206 ext 1409