• Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: Can I change my personal information online?

    A: Yes, you may update your personal information in Etrieve.  Click on Etrieve login instructions, and click to begin.  Once you are in Etrieve select Forms and then select Payroll Change Form, you can update a name change, address change, and update other payroll deductions on this form.

    Q: I have misplaced my child's birth certificate. How do I obtain a certified copy?

    A: Each state has an agency that is responsible for vital records. Contact the agency for the state in which your child was born. Provided below are links to the Harris County Health Department, Georgia Department of Vital Records, and VitalChek.

    Harris County Health Department – (706)-628-5780


    Georgia Department of Human Resources/Vital Records - (404) 679-4701




    (Note: If a student was born in Georgia, the Harris County Health Department might be able to provide a birth certificate.) Picture ID required and request must be an immediate family member Cost $25.00

    Q: I have misplaced my child's social security card. How do I obtain a copy?

    A: An application for a social security card will need to be completed and taken to a local Social Security Administration office along with other required documents. Listed below is the link to download the application.

    Social Security Administration - (800) 772-1213


    Q: How do I obtain a Georgia Immunization Form and/or EED (Eye, Ear & Dental) Form?

    A: Contact your child's (Georgia) medical provider or visit the Harris County Health Department. If you have completed forms from another state, you must visit the Harris County Health Department or another Georgia medical provider to have the information translated to the approved Georgia forms.

    Q: I rented or purchased my home within the last 30 days and have not yet received a utility bill. What documentation do I need to provide?

    A: Contact your local utility company to obtain documentation that service is pending. Be sure that this document states the physical address of the residence.

    Q: I live with someone else and do not have any utilities in my name. What documentation do I need to provide?

    A: The person with whom your family is living must provide two proofs of their residency and complete an Affidavit of Residency. Please contact the Harris County School District Central Office with any questions. Phone: 706-628-4206

    Q: Are cell phone bills accepted as proof of residence?

    A: Cell phone bills are not accepted as valid proof of residence. Telephone, electric, water, gas, satellite, or cable bills that include the physical address of the residence are accepted.

    Q: I do not have a copy of my utility bill. How do I obtain a copy?

    A: Contact your local utility company or print a copy of your most recent e-bill. Links are provided below for some local utility companies.

    Harris County Water Works

    Address11505 GA-315, Cataula, GA 31804

    HoursOpen ⋅ Closes 5 PM

    Phone(706) 324-1175


    Harris County Registrar Office

    Address104 N College St, Hamilton, GA 31811

    HoursOpen ⋅ Closes 4:30 PM

    Phone(706) 628-5399


    Diverse Power

    Address1400 S Davis Rd, LaGrange, GA 30241

    HoursOpen ⋅ Closes 5 PM

    Phone(706) 845-2000