All transportation requests for the 2023-2024 school year should be completed through the Parent Portal for each student needing transportation.The request can be found in the "Documents Need Attention" section.
Bus routes will tentatively be ready by August 1st.Please see the message below.
The Harris County School District is happy to announce the use of a new online school bus transportation request form for the 23-24 school year. ONLY STUDENTS WHO HAVE A CHANGE OF ADDRES, OR WHO ARE NEW STUDENTS AND HAVE NEVER HAD A BUS ASSIGNMENT, OR WHO DID NOT RIDE THE LAST MONTH OF THE LAST SCHOOL YEAR SHOULD FILL OUT A BUS REQUEST FORM. Students who rode a bus last year and live at the same address, regardless if they have changed grades and schools, DO NOT NEED TO FILL OUT A BUS REQUEST FORM.
Parents may access the new online school bus transportation form by logging into their Parent Portal and going to "Forms Need Attention". Simply fill out the form and submit. All parents (new requests and those already assigned buses) will be notified through Parent Portal of their students' bus number and assignment, morning pick-up location and time, and afternoon drop-off location and time. Parents will also receive a postcard in the mail with their students' bus number and assignment, morning pick-up location and time, and afternoon drop-off location and time.
The following are important notes to remember:
1. Before students can be assigned to a bus, parents must have completed Online Registration and Residency Verification.
2. By submitting an online bus request, parent assure that they have read and understand, as does their student, the student bus rules of conduct attached to this message. A link to the bus rules of conduct is also located in the Parent Portal forms page.
3. A separate bus request form must be completed for each student needing transportation.
4. Only one alternate AM and PM stop (other than the student's address of record) is allowed.
5. Bus assignments and parent notification can take up to two weeks.
6. Due to limited space on some buses, please only request transportation if your student will actually ride the bus. Please do not request bus transportation "just in case" it may be needed once in a while. Bus rosters will be reviewed every two weeks. Students who have been absent from riding their assigned bus for 10 or more consecutive days will be removed from the roster.
7. Harris county High School students who have a HCHS parking pass will have lowest priority in receiving bus assignments.
8. ONLY STUDENTS WHO HAVE A CHANGE OF ADDRESS, WHO ARE NEW STUDENTS AND HAVE NEVER HAD A BUS ASSIGNMENT, OR WHO DID NOT RIDE THE LAST MONTH OF THE LAST SCHOOL YEAR SHOULD FILL OUT A BUS REQUEST FORM.
9. Students who rode a bus last year and live at the same address, regardless if they have changed grades and schools, DO NOT NEED TO FILL OUT A BUS REQUEST FORM.
10. With hundreds of bus requests to process, bus and route assignments will be in progress and possibly changing up until the August 1. Please be patient.
11. Parents should be aware that bus routes can change. Parents will be notified of any changes.
If you need assistance accessing Parent Portal or the online school bus transportation form, please contact Jeanie Ponder or Deb Slayton at ponder -email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. (706) 628-4206 ext 1412/1413
If you have questions about your bus assignment, bus stops, stop times please contact the Transportation Department at (706) 628-4220 ext. 1301.