ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Thank you for your interest in the Harris County School District (HCSD), based in Hamilton, Georgia! Here we strive to recruit, hire, and retain and exemplary educators and support personnel.
Our Mission: Offering an excellent education for every child in Harris County
Our Vision: One community, committed to educational excellence for every child
Application for Employment
Individuals interested in pursuing employment should refer to the "HCSD Current Job Openings" link below. Prior to completion, be sure to have available:
- OFFICIAL transcripts - depending on position - from earning your high school diploma/GED or college/university for attaching/uploading in the process
- At least three (3) professional or supervisory references, including name, email address, and phone number. Please note: These should be Former Supervisors. References from friends and relatives are not acceptable.
- HCSD online employment application, available within the HCSD Current Job Openings link below. Then, find position, click "Apply" button in top, right corner.
- Letter of interest
- If applicable to the position, a current Georgia Teaching Certificate
- For Frequently Asked Questions, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
To view/apply for job opportunities, click: HCSD Current Job Openings
To view/apply for a substitute position, click: HCSD Substitute Job Openings
The Harris County School District is an E-Verify user.
The Harris County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The HCSD custodial services are provided by ABM, an indepdent Contractor. To apply for a position, click below:
To view/apply for custodial positions, click: ABM Custodial Job Openings
Frequently Asked Application Questions
Please call Human Resources at 706-628-4206 ext. 1226.
No, you may login to your application and update it with the new Job ID.
Your current supervisor and references will not be contacted until after the initial interview is scheduled.
References should be relevant to the last five years of employment.
Friends and relatives will not be considered.
References should include at least one supervisor.
Be sure to include each reference's full name, title, location of employment, phone number, and email address.